Thursday, February 09, 2006

Summer Warrior

Picture this: An elderly mini-motorhome with four beadladies (a nurse with a broken foot, a beadstore owner with an injured knee, a retired social worker, and a librarian) on the way to Tacoma for the Puget Sound Bead Festival. The motorhome broke down in 107 degrees. Picture this: the above four women (not small) in the cab of a towtruck with the driver taking a 30 minute ride down Mt. Shasta. Fixed the motorhome and headed for Tacoma full speed ahead. Bought lots of yummy beads (of course) and met some neat people. I also bought a bag of fabric scraps. This Talisman Doll is made from one of those scraps. His darling face is raku and is made by RAMA. He reminds me of an Eskimo, but is not really dressed for the snow. I call him my Summer Warrior.
We headed the motorhome toward Shipwreck Beads. Boy, were we in trouble! After spending just a little money there (Yeah, right), we headed for the coast. We arrived back in Fresno at 5am and I got up at 6am to go to work. Don't think I accomplished much that day. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GraceBeading said...

A lovely face, thanks for letting me know about the raku faces used on your dolls. I just love them!