Monday, June 30, 2008

New Project

I am in total shock! I was contacted this morning by the company that sells this bag and others. They asked me to do a bead embroidery piece to be inserted into the clear pocket of the bag. They are sending me a bag just like this one. When I get the piece done, I'm to send it to them for photography and then they send it back for me to keep. It will be published on their website, put in news releases and perhaps even be offered to a magazine. I will get full credit for my design and be linked on their website as well. After several emails today, the bag is on its way to me.
This came right out of the blue. I have no idea where they even saw my work. I must have angels sending the word out for me. Amazing!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

vivage said...

Arline! That is the coolest thing ever! And actually I think the bag is darling and will be made even better by some of your work.

I can't wait to see it. How long to you have to do thw work?

Congrats!

abeadlady said...

Thanks.
I'm not exactly sure. Sent an email earlier, but no answer yet. It needs to be 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches, so it will be larger than my BJP pages. They were 4x6. I think I'm going to do it in browns, golds and bronzes. Similar color to that pendant I made for Pink Artist. It's back on my blog a ways if you don't remember it.
Arline

Wildspiritart said...

Yay! That is so exciting!

ArtNtheheart said...

Arline
What great news! I'm so happy for you. I know the end result will be awesome! So how did these folks know about you? Do tell!
Hugs, Victoria

KV said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!


Kathy V in NM

vivage said...

Great color choice and the idea of the bag (being able to rotate the insert) means you could make an insert for every season.

I rarely wear anything I've made up and this looks to be a great way to let others see beading work up cose and personal.

The Lone Beader® said...

Wow! That is awesome! Congrats! :D

Sandy said...

Congratulations! That's great. Maybe they saw it on BJP.
Thanks for visiting my blog too.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

WOW, Arline, pretty exciting news. Congratulaion. No surprise you do lovely beading work. Hugs Judy in sunny Michigan

The bad Liz said...

ROCK ON!! That's wonderful news for you. I am also interested in that kind of a bag. I have seen "grandmother" bags in the stores with all the picture pockets, but I never thought about putting in my beadwork. How exciting!

girlgonethreadwild said...

Arline, glad they found you!

Your bead embroidery will surely help them sell bags!

ROCK ON!

(raisingmy glass of milk) Here's to the start of the pink party! What fun it'll be to see our final total in October!!!

xo, Monica

Happy to call you pink sister!