Saturday, May 29, 2010

Latest Cuffs

These are the latest cuffs I've finished. The top one is called Southwestern Nights. I am continuing to try new patterns of beading. I want to learn to use each bead in as many ways as possible. I particularly like the beading around the cabochon. It's just one of many ways to capture a cabochon. I hope to get to all of them eventually.


Purple Shimmer was just fun to make. I needed something to wear with all the purple I own. It was also a great way to use these gorgeous 3-cuts.

Mother's Day was a bit sad for me this year. Staying busy with my beads helps a lot. I call it my therapy. Much cheaper than seeing a doctor. And at least I have something to show for it afterwards.

Taught a fun class in beading around a cabochon today. We had lots of giggles and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

a2susan said...

I love your new cuffs, Arline. The colors and designs are delightful.
I think that beads are a kind of therapy for a lot of us, I'm sorry you had a difficult Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

The two new cuffs are beautiful, the turquoise/rust color one is my favorite I think. I seem to be in to those colors lately.

I'm sorry Mother's Day was rough, beading does seem to be good therapy doesn't it?! I know it doesn't seem like it, but it does get easier. Remember the good things and smiles.

LUCY said...

Guauuuuuuuu, que trabajos mas lindos, queeeeeeee maravillaaaaaaaaaa....saludos

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gorgeous beading. Interesting that you are trying new beading. I honestly thought that you have done it all.

Its good that you have an interest to keep your mind occupied during difficult times. So many don't.

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Love, love, love the purple one.
It is terrific. Really, they all are -- but, though I own very little purple anything, I love purple.

artandtea said...

Your new cuffs are wonderful, Arline, so colorful and I just love your designs!
I'm sorry to hear about your difficult Mother's Day and agree with everyone that beading is very healing. Being immersed in beads is like a big, warm hug. Take care.

williamsburg beader said...

I'm such a purple lady too! Very pretty.

Doris said...

Both beautiful, but I love, love, love the purple one. There's just something about purple :-)