Friday, March 07, 2008

January BJP page

I finally finished this page. It was a bit labor intensive, but worth it in the long run. For me, this represents the start of a new year. There will be highs and lows and a few flashes of high intensity to live through. I have to finish some work on an older page and then I will be caught up through March.

I'm so glad Robin is considering continuing the BJP for another year. Even if that doesn't happen, I will continue to try to stretch myself and try new things. Learning more about myself and my skills this year has been good for me. Why mess with a good thing? Growth, in most forms, is a positive thing.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

flyingbeader said...

Love the black/red/silver combo. They do make the year look so much more exciting & enchanting. We're almost done!

Brenda said...

This combination of colors has always been a favorite of mine. I love the way you have them intermingling on your page.

ArtNtheheart said...

Red & black are one of my fav combos. I always see faces in beadwork and immediately saw one in the piece you did. Fine job.
Victoria

Magpie Sue said...

It reminds me of the fireworks on New Year's Eve. What a beautiful piece of work!

Ellen said...

Great combination Arline, it is a vibrant piece & I love it!!

Timaree said...

I love how you say it is for a new year and you expect highs and lows. I see the center is the yin/yang which goes with that idea. It seems as if you are getting prepared for that new year and what it brings!

KV said...

Beautiful job, Arline! Those colors surely are a great lift to the spirit to start the year off.


Kathy V in NM

pam T said...

very very nice! like the colors and the way they mingle on the page...

artandtea said...

What a great design. I love the color combination!
-Karen

Barb said...

AAAAAAAA! It's gorgeous! What contained drama! The colors are beautiful and the composition is amazing. Great piece!

abeadlady said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. This was a page I simply had to do. Above all the pages I've done, it has shown the improvement in my skills over the past 9 months. However, it also makes me want to go back and redo many of my older works. Not my pages for BJP, but the ones before that. Oh well. As Robin says, those were my baby steps.

Arline

Mountain Salt Studio said...

Daisy is sooo beautiful - what kind of dog is she? We are betting Great Dane and Mastiff?

Diane

Any Smith said...

Nice work! I also like the color and pattern/texture combination.

Yes, we're all learning by baby steps, aren't we?

Veleta (Sammy) said...

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!