Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's a Puzzlement

This is a progess picture of my puzzle doll. The title comes from "The King and I". The colors I'm using remind me of the ball gown Deborah Kerr wore in the movie. These dolls are great fun to work on and a challenge in that we can only use the colors assigned. fortunately for me, I love purple. I was originally going to bead the back too, but changed my mind as I want to hang her on the wall.

I've been having fun this week working at my LBS. Can you think of a more fun place to work? And...I get to see all the new stuff coming in before anyone else. Yum!!! In truth, I'm just helping out, but I'm able to do so now that I'm retired, so why not? Have to get ready for work now. More later.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Jo Anne O. said...

Hi Arline! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I am afraid that I can't say for sure when I will be starting a new beading project, but I have one lined up waiting to go...it will be a free form allover beaded doll that is about sever inches tall! I will post her when I get started on her...
Thanks again!

Jo Anne O. said...

OH, forgot to ask...what type of material is this wonderful beading done on? It looks like felt?

You are doing a fantastic job on her too!

The Lone Beader® said...

nice!!!

abeadlady said...

Jo Anne,

It is felt that I'm doing the puzzle doll on. It's called EZFelt and I get it at Michael's. It comes in many colors and feels much like Lacey's Stiff Stuff. You get a big 12x18 in. piece for about a dollar. I love it because I don't have to paint it.

Arline

KV said...

I really, really like this project a lot, Arline! Can't wait to see it finished . . .


Kathy V in NM

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

This is really lovely. I love purple -- and you are using it so well. Gorgeous.

Mary Timme said...

I love the attitude on this doll/wall hanging. It is very king and I and very arabisque also seeming to me. Nice combo.

girlgonethreadwild said...

OMG! this is so awsum Arline! I love it. You are incredibly talented girl! xo, Monica

Magpie Sue said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun with this doll!

It's been too long since I've stopped by to see what you're up to. Those beaded hands are a wonderful gift idea (and a great teaching tool!). I'm thinking I'd better get tracings of my granddaughters hands the next time they're here!

Unknown said...

Hey Arline
What a super idea. I love it!! May have to "borrow it"! :)
Victoria

Unknown said...

Hi Arline
Super idea. I might have to "borrow" it! :) Victoria