Friday, March 31, 2006

This is my latest doll. I haven't named him yet. Any ideas? His face is from RAMA and is raku. Each doll I do seems more finished to me. My techniques are improving, but I still have a long way to go. I have been teaching a doll class at my LBS and those with the courage to take it seem to enjoy it. It's a wonderful form of self-expression. There are no rules to follow and if you use a fabric like batik, you don't even have to bead all of it. I often do projects where I follow and exact pattern, but my love is anything free form. Each of my dolls seem to take on it's own personality. Beyond putting a face on it, I have no concrete plan of how to bead it. It's all done with bead embroidery, and maybe a little peyote thrown in. All I know is it's lots of fun to see how each one turns out. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GraceBeading said...

Oh... beautiful, simply beautiful. Thanks again for sharing!