Friday, March 03, 2006

Yosemite

Sometimes when my anxiety or depression want to get the best of me, I mentally go to this place or one like it. I've been spending a lot of time there lately. There isn't anything specific wrong, but I've become increasingly blue over the past several weeks. Wish I knew how to stop it. However, even though I'm not of the Catholic faith, I've made a conscious decision to give up depression for Lent. I figure if I can make it through 40 days without it, maybe I can give it up for good. Guess I'll never know if I don't try.
I think what triggered it was the fact that we've lost seven, yes, seven, of our dearly loved patients since the first of December. Fortunately, none of them died at our facility, but that doesn't make their loss any easier. These wonderful people often don't have anyone but their caregivers or us to care about them. Most of them lived in Board and Care Homes and were well cared for.
I miss seeing their smiling faces and making silly jokes with them. After a while, they become like family. God grant that someday I will see them all again. Posted by Picasa

No comments: